You don't have to feel like a waste of space; you're original, cannot be replaced

Sunday, March 6, 2011

The 6 Be's

I told myself I would only write one post a day but I am just too excited about this new blog! I saw the cutest thing today and it's been on repeat in my head all day...The 6 Be's:


BE GRATEFUL: I could defiently be more grateful. I know that sometimes I feel like we don't have enough. We don't have enough money or time. I think the problem is I don't have enough gratitude. I will do better! I really do have so much and I should remember that more often. I think that would make me feel lighter and what girl wouldn't want that!?

BE SMART: I am not a very big fan of school. But I know my Heavenly father wants me to get as much education as I can. I also know I need to do better to read my scriptures everyday. I am a "new member" but that is no excuse! I will do better! Having a knowledge of the gospel and the scriptures is so important!!

BE CLEAN: You don't have to tell me twice! I bleach anything and everything including my hair! (don;t worry I don't use Clorox on my strands!) But we should be keeping a clean heart and mind. I gotta do better about turning the radio off when music comes on that doesn't invite the Spirit! I will do better!

BE TRUE: I will be true to what I say more often. I find it so easy to get caught up in worldly pleasures and I need to worry about pleasing my Heavenly Father not trying to get people to like me. sigh...I will do better! I will be true to the covenants I made and true to the life I have chosen and have been so blessed with!

BE HUMBLE: I need to be humble! I need this so much (and patience)! The other day I was driving by a local high school and some young boys "holla'd" at me. One boy (I'm pretty sure he was 15) told me I was hot and upon seeing my wedding ring, said I was married not buried! Although I quickly made my right hand turn and will never see these boys again (hopefully) I called Jared and was laughing and carrying on...but I was ashamed later. These boys knew nothing about me other than I rocked out my $12 Target sunglasses (they're bedazzled!). I was all caught up on being "hot" instead of humbling myself and realizing they were wrong. I will do better!

BE PRAYERFUL: I remember when Jared and I first started dating, I wouldn't pray in front of him. I think it took me 4 months to feel okay with spilling my soul to God in front of this hunk-of-red-hot-cuteness! But eventually I became more and more okay with it. (It could have something to do with always being asked at FHE...thanks B.B!) I now take pride in my prayers and even though I usually forget to bless the food at dinner time, I know my Heavenly Father is proud of me and I will continue to do better!

Well, it's now past midnight which means I met my rule of one post a day. It won't last though! I am hooked! Until next time...

Love, Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment