You don't have to feel like a waste of space; you're original, cannot be replaced

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Goodbye Elder & Fun w/ the Hubby

There are 2 missionaries that brought the gospel to me. My life was changed for the better by Elder Jacob Merkley and Elder Seth Krieser. Both were new on the missions at the time. Elder Merkley baptized me on June 20, 2009 and went home in early February 2011. Elder Krieser confirmed me the next day and he leaves on March 17th. So, with my last missionary wrapping up his mission, I've been reflecting on all that's happened in the last 21 months.

Here they are in July 2009

Elders Merkley & Krieser

When Elder M left I cried a little which is super lame right? I decided to have more fun with Elder K's departure. Jared and I made a delish cake and used his mom's icing recipe (amazing!). I don't have a picture of said cake (lame/sorry) but we did have a mini photo shoot waiting for Elder K to finish up important missionary meetings.


   
Jared & Lauren Andersen

Piglet & Pooh Bear


Goodbye Elder Krieser! Thanks for everything!


If not for Elders K & M, I wouldn't have the honor of being this goofball's wife forever!


All in all, I think I would have still found the gospel even if the missionaries were different. I was meant to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I was destined to find Christ.

My mom's best friend is my dad's sister (did you follow that?) My Aunt Jenny has a really good friend named Amy who is a member of the church and has been her whole life. Well, when my mom was pregnant with me, she was 19 and rightfully a little scared. Amy's family talked to my mom about all of her options (in a super nice-not pushy way :) ) One of the options is of course adoption....through LDS social services. My mom kept me and raised me herself and I am eternally grateful for that. But I think this experience shows that the Lord watches over us and will do whatever it takes to get his children home.

I had such a reflecting, happy, and spontaneous day. After seeing Elder Krieser off, Jared and I wondered around Pet Smart and Bells. We are now digesting some delicious chicken chili mac and cheese and watching Glee. (not all that impressed this week. kinda stinks cause I waited 2 weeks for this episode!)

John 10:4
And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.

Until next time,

Love, Lauren

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see you have a blog! Welcome to the bloggy world!!

    http://kristen1288.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog! keep writing up a storm. You and Jared are too cute :) you know I am a child development major from FSU! GO NOLES! hope you like the major as much as I did! love and miss you both. --Obi, BlackBelle to the blog world :)

    http://sharebecauseyoucare.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete